top of page

Temporary Resident Visas

Visit, Study or Work - Explore your Canadian dream

A group of friends on a hiking _ camping trip in the mountains.jpg

Temporary Resident Visa Services


A Temporary Resident Visa is required for individuals entering Canada on a temporary basis unless you are from a visa-exempt country. Depending on the country from which you are coming, your financial status, your ties to home, and more, a Temporary Resident Visa can be an involved and difficult process. Hiring an immigration consultant ensures the best possible application is created to ensure the best possible change of a positive result.


Visit Canada

When you visit Canada you are a Temporary Resident of Canada. Many countries are required to obtain a "Visitor Visa" also referred to as a "TRV" or "Temporary Resident Visa." If you require a visa to enter Canada we can help you. We can prevent costly mistakes, guiding you through the process to create the most comprehensive application possible. We can also advise you on single entry and multiple entry visas in addition to extending status and obtaining a Visitor Record.

Visit Canada


Study in Canada

Many individuals choose to take advantage of Canada's high quality educational institutes to improve their knowledge and employability. At Immigration Station Canada we can assist with enrolment and study permit application. We are experienced in the process and can assist you to submit a thorough application for your institute of choice.



Work in Canada

There are multiple types of work permit available to foreigners inside or outside of Canada. They included LMIA based, employer specific work permits, work permits derived from Intra Company Transfers (ICT), LMIA exempt work permits, Spousal Open Work Permits (SOWP), Post Graduate Open Work Permits (PGWP)

Smiling man
Work in canada
Image by Eugene Aikimov


International Mobility Programs

The International Mobility Program (IMP) allows Canadian employers to hire foreign workers without an LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment). It is often referred to as an LMIA exempt work permit. There are various programs run under this stream and the common theme is that these programs benefit Canada culturally and economically.  The LMIA exemption ensures a much faster processing time than is typically associated with having to obtain an LMIA, and subsequently, a work permit.

International Mobility


Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP)

The Post Graduation Work Permit Program is for those who have studied at and graduated from a Canadian Designated Learning Institution (DLI) to obtain an open work permit to gain valuable Canadian work experience. Skilled Canadian work experience in National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill type 0 or skill level A or B that is gained through the PGWPP helps graduates qualify for permanent residence in Canada through the Canadian experience class within Express Entry. If you have completed a one year program you may be eligible for a one year PGWPP. If you have completed a two or three year program you may be eligible to obtain a 3 year PGWPP.

Contact us for more information!​

Post Graduate Work Permit


Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP)

A bridging open work permit (BOWP) lets you keep working while you wait for the results of your permanent residence application.

You may be eligible if you applied to one of these permanent residence programs: Permanent residence using Express Entry, Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), Quebec skilled workers, Home Child-Care Provider Pilot or Home Support Worker Pilot, Caring for children class or caring for people with high medical needs class, Agri-Food Pilot

Working on a Computer
Bridging Work Permit


Internationa Experience Canada (IEC)

International Experience Canada (IEC) This is a reciprocal Youth Exchange Agreements for those between the ages of 18 and 30 (35) years of age who want to travel and work in Canada. 

To participate, your country or territory of citizenship must have an agreement with Canada. If they don't, you may be able to use a recognized organization. We can help with this process!

Some countries only allow you to participate once. Others allow you to participate twice but in different pools. Each country is different so it is important that you check to see if you’re eligible to apply.

Even if you’re issued an invitation to apply, you can’t participate more times than your country allows. Make sure you read and understand all the requirements before you submit an application.

Vancouver city urban lifestyle people at Harbour, British Columbia. Woman tourist with stu
International Experience Canada


FrancophoneMobility/Mobilité Francophone

Francophone Mobility intends to promote Francophone immigration in Francophone minority communities outside of Quebec.  Foreign nationals who are destined for a province or territory outside Quebec and qualified under National Occupational Classification (NOC) 0, A or B may be eligible for an exemption from the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) requirement.

The employer must submit an Offer of Employment, through the employer portal, before a work permit application is made.

Officers should apply the LMIA exemption code C16 to work permit applications received on or after June 1, 2016, if they are satisfied that the foreign national is destined to work in a province or territory outside Quebec

and is qualified to work in managerial, professional, technical or skilled trades occupations (NOC 0, A or B).

In applying exemption code C16, officers should be satisfied that the foreign national’s habitual language of daily use is French; however, the language of work does not have to be French.

Where the officer is not satisfied that the foreign national’s habitual language is French, the officer should request an interview or ask the foreign national to provide language results demonstrating an advanced intermediate or higher level in French. For this purpose, applicants should demonstrate that they have obtained a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) or Niveau de compétence linguistique canadien (NCLC) of level 7 or higher in the Test d’Evaluation de Français (TEF) or Test de connaissance du français (TCF).

are multiple types of work permit available to foreigners inside or outside of Canada. They included LMIA based, employer specific work permits, work permits derived from Intra Company Transfers (ICT), LMIA exempt work permits, Spousal Open Work Permits (SOWP), Post Graduate Open Work Permits (PGWP)

a wooden-framed chalkboard with the question parlez-vous francais_ do you speak french_ wr
Francophone Mobility
Super Visa


Super Visa

The Super Visa is a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period of up to 10 years. The key difference from other temporary resident visas is that the Super Visa allows an individual to stay for up to two years at a time in Canada, while a 10-year multiple entry visa would only have a status period for each entry of six months only.

To be eligible for a super visa, you must:

  1. be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada

  2. have a signed letter from your child or grandchild who invites you to Canada that includes:

    • a promise of financial support for the length of your visit

    • the list and number of people in the household of this person

    • a copy of this person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document

  3. have medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that is:

    • valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry

    • at least $100,000 coverage

    • have proof that the medical insurance has been paid (quotes aren’t accepted)

Additionally, you must:

  1. apply for a super visa from outside Canada

  2. be allowed to enter Canada

  3. take an immigration medical exam

  4. meet certain other conditions

  5. and, you can’t include dependants in this application.

Busiess Visitor Visa


Business Visitor Visa

What is a business visitor?

Business visitors may require entry to Canada to take part in international business activities without being part of the Canadian labour market. Their intention is to visit Canada temporarily to look for ways to grow your business, 

invest, and to advance your business relationships. Business visitors usually stay in Canada for a few days or a few weeks and are usually able to stay for up to 6 months.

To qualify as a business visitor to Canada, you must show that:

  • you plan to stay for less than 6 months

  • you don’t plan to enter the Canadian labour market

  • your main place of business and source of income and profits is outside Canada

  • you have documents that support your application

  • you meet Canada’s basic entry requirements because you

    • have a valid travel document, such as a passport

    • have enough money for your stay and to return home

    • plan to leave Canada at the end of your visit

    • are not a criminal, security or health risk to Canadians

We can help you to ensure that your visa is prepared correctly to ensure the best chance of approval.


Book an Immigration Consultation 

Schedule a call or video appointment with Immigration Station Canada to get started with a customized immigration plan.

bottom of page